Below are the necessary steps required to sublease your apartment.
You are required to advertise your apartment for sublease via all necessary media such as: Craigslist, housing4students.com, Uloop.com, Daily Trojan and/or other advertising publications.
Once we receive all necessary documents and the required sublease fees, we will proceed with approval process. This process is exactly the same as what you went through and it may take a couple of days, so be patient.
- The prospect resident(s) must complete resident application. A guarantor application and a continued Guarantee is required when and if the prospect resident is a full time student and has no income to cover the lease payment. Guarantor's application also needs to be approved by our offices prior to approval of the prospect resident.
- For each application, a $35.00 application processing fee is required. This fee can be paid in a form of cashier's check or money order made payable to PMA (no cash nor personal check).
- Federal or a State ID, such as Passport or Driver's License is required for identification purposes. If the prospect is a student then we need proof of such (i.e.; school ID or letter of acceptance). A copy of Visa page and I-20 (F1 or E3 if allowed to work in USA) is also required for all International prospect residents.
- Letters of Sublease must be completed by current and prospect resident. Once the prospect is approved, the newly approved prospect resident must then sign onto and agree to the new lease.
- A Lease Transfer Fee per your contract is to be paid by either of the parties and must be made payable to PMA in a money order or cashier's check (no cash nor personal check).
- New security deposit must be obtain by newly approved prospect resident (see your leasing agent for the amount as it may vary based on the result of one's credit worthiness). Security deposit must also be in a form of cashier's check or money order made payable to PMA (no cash or personal check).
- A $350 sublease fee will be applied.
Once all of this is completed and approved then the sublease will be granted.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You may NOT give keys to the prospect resident. All key transfers will be done through this office after the prospect is approved and all documents and fees are collected. If you give keys to the prospect this may jeopardize your credit and the credit of your Guarantors. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call our offices at 213-765-3330, or send us an email at email@example.com